Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Drowning

Ugh...I'm drowning.  Tonight, I sat down to make myself a to-do list for my day off tomorrow.  It started as any other list, "laundry, dishes, vacuum, wipe down bathrooms, etc."  Then, I had this overwhelming feeling like it may be faster and easier to just write down the things I don't need to do tomorrow.  Holy cow!  My living room is a disaster, my kitchen is a disaster, my kids have a path to their beds, I need to do mountains of laundry, the girls have single handedly destroyed their bathroom, the Christmas tree needs to be put up, the fall decorations need to be taken down, on and on and on.  So far the only thing I don't have to do tomorrow is unpack from our trip.  How did I get so far behind?  And why do I always feel like this?
Is it completely normal to feel like you are drowning in house work?  I can't remember the last time I mopped my floor, vacuumed, or dusted.  I'm afraid that my dust bunnies are planning an attack any moment.  I have a few things I always try to keep up on: dishes and cleaning up the living room floor.  Because, let's face it, getting up to make breakfast and finding a huge mess totally ruins the day, and who wants to trip on something in the middle of the night when on their way to rock the baby back to sleep in the living room?  
Is this the way motherhood is going to be until they graduate?  Why do I see all these other homes on Facebook and pinterest and everything appears to be picked up and clean?  How do those moms do it?  When, between cooking dinner, doing homework, rocking babies, working out, and running kids everywhere to they find the time to keep their head above water on housework?  
Here reads my future obituary:
She was chased by dust bunnies, tried to run away, slipped on a toy, fell on the dirty floor, then drowned by her to-do list.  Ugh!  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The struggle is real! I totally understand and get it!!!!! Your obituary made me fall off the couch laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete